Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fern Hills

Good Morning!  It's been a cold week at Fern Hills but a gorgeous one at that, not sure if I mentioned it but Fern Hills is surrounded by hills and mountain ranges creating the most beautiful scenery.  Since my last post, I have been busy around the property, doing everyday tasks as well as bringing bulls to the Beef Breeding Services to be collected.

While at Fern Hills, I was able to take a day trip out to Rockley Brahmans, a Red Brahman Stud just down the road from the McCamley's.  Chris and Ashley Kirk took me on a tour of their property and I was able to look at their sale bulls for Brahman Week in October.  I had a great time with the Kirk's, they made sure to inform me that they would be watching "my people" on TV this week....yes everyone Swamp People has just recently aired in Australia.

Wednesday I traveled to Emerald which is about 3 hours from Bajool for the Agrow field day.  This was a huge event featuring everything in agriculture.  The main part of the field day was the bull sale featuring mainly Charolais bulls.  After the sale, Janice and I walked around the shops and to my mother's surprise I did not spend all of my money!  I had a very nice time at the field day and was able to see some very interesting things, like a stuffed dingo...which scared me to death! 

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and good luck to all of the exhibitors at the All American!

No comments:

Post a Comment