Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Palmvale Red Brahmans

 This week I am staying with the Streeter family in Malbrough, Qld.  Kearin and Beth Streeter along with their daughter Remy raise registered Red Brahmans on roughly 4,000 acres on their property named Palmvale Red Brahmans.  I met up with Remy at the Junior Beef Show in Rockhampton, this hardworking young lady keeps herself entertained by cracking a whip!  Since I've been here Remy has been practicing her whip cracking skills for the upcoming "whip cracking challenge" that will be held at the Malbrough Show Grounds this Saturday....GOOD LUCK REMY!  Kudos to her, because I would have whipped my ears off by now with all the practicing she has done!



Its been a busy week here at the Streeters, at the beginning of the week, we visited family friends of the Streeters at Stanage Bay which is located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean.  Yes, I can officially say that I have stuck my feet in the Pacific Ocean!  We went fishing and to a lookout over the ocean, unfortunately the only thing I caught were rocks!  It was nice to have a relaxing weekend and get an "energy boost" before the busy week ahead.


Catching rocks...

Group photo pn the lookout

Yesterday was busy busy, we had to pull a calf in the morning and get him to nurse his mother.  I was excited because I got to name him, I think he thinks I'm mom because he now follows me around everywhere.

 Meet Hercules...pretty tough little guy!

Then I got to wash the sale bulls for Brahman Week.  The bulls are l;ike big puppy dogs and love bieng bathed, crazy because 70 percent of the show calves I've had in my career have not liked the wash racks....


Palmvale El Paso, my new buddy!


Today we mustered a paddock of stud females, ones close to calving, and also put out dry lick and checked other paddocks for newborn calves.  I'm having a lovely time at the Streeter's and is looking forward to heading back to Kenrol on Thursday for the Ekka show in Brisbane.

Under the watchful eye of Lilly...



 "Pucker-up!"


Be on the lookout for future blog updates about the Ekka!


No comments:

Post a Comment