Sunday, June 5, 2011

Busy, busy!

Good Morning Everyone!


Well it's been a crazy few days here at Kenrol, but I'm loving every minute!  Along with everyday work, we have been preparing for the "Rocky Junior Beef" show which will be held in Rockhampton later this week.  Tomorrow, we will bring the cattle to the show grounds and start preparing for the show which will be Tuesday-Thursday of this week.  I am really looking forward to this next week becuase it will give me the chance to meet the junior members and see how they do things.  This should be interesting because they do things a bit differently down under!  For instance, all bulls AND females have to have a nose ring with a nose strap to show.  Bulls nose rings have to be permanet but the females can be temporary.  Another thing, they do not "loin" the backs of their cattle (this will be something I have to get used to).  Something else that I found interesting is that instead of showing in a covered arena or collesium, they show OUTSIDE in an uncovered arena, and get this...in lab coats!  How's that for a dress code?  Very neat, they show in these "dusters" to look uniform and proffessional.  Needless to say I'm pretty pumped about the upcoming week, though its going to be a long one!  Check back in a few days for a report on the show, I will not have internet access at the show grounds and will be pretty busy.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!


Sites around the farm....

Me feeding "Data", one of my favorite bulls! 



No trucks here, only the "Ute"!

Instead of "cow birds", they have cockatoos!
This is what wakes me up every morning...

 Peek-a-boo!
 


These guys are never where they are supposed to be...

Gus! This is what he does all day..when he's not eating of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment