Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rocky Show

First of all, I would like to correct myself on an earlier blog, this show was the Rockhampton "Rocky" Show (open and junior) not the Junior Beef Show.  Anyway, the show was great!  It was a long week, but all in all a success, and I even managed to get a sunburn...in winter.  I was also able to participate in the junior judging contest and won third place and my first Australian money!  By the way, their money is alot cooler than the States, they have purple, green, and blue bills!

Besides junior judging, I can proudly say that I have showed in another country!  I had the great opportunity to travel to the Rocky Show with the Cole's of Kenrol Brahman Stud, to work and help show a few of their cattle. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly, I got the chance to meet Brahman breeders from all over Australia as well as other beef breeders.

Here are a few shots from the show...



Motherly love

Clean butts!

No time for a sit down lunch!



I had to borrow a hat for the show ring all day!


Overseas mum! Great lady who has helped me out so much!

Cutie pie Alexandria and Data, she thought he should be wearing a hat too!


From now on, I will be known as "Louisiana" among the Aussie show barns or sheds, a big thank you to everyone who made this week a blast for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment